View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 07:25 AM   #1
Gemic

Default KENSINGTON sd3000 audio issues in Windows 10

Hello,

I have a kensignton sd3000 USB 3.0 docking station which, as far as i know, uses the displaylink platform.

After migrating to windows 10 on a Gigabyte Aero 15 laptop, the screen, network and USB ports work fine, but for the audio the following issues have appeared:

1. When using the USB 3.0 cable the sound output may jump to the laptop speakers although the displaylink is set as the default device. This particularly happens with chrome browser. If at the same time i open the same vid in internet explorer sound is ok. Similar behavior with Skype, when people call me the sound may or not be audible on my earphones or may jump to the laptop speakers.

2. If i use a USB 2.0 cable the problems seem to dissapear, but the standard headset makes a static hissing noise that only people at the other end of the line can hear. If i use a phone headset with an adapter that converts the single 3.5mm jack to two (one mic and one for phones) the hissing goes away.

I have tried removing the drivers, adding the latest (8.3) the cleaning tool, using only the drivers installed by windows in multiple variations and combinations but they do not seem to have any effect.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks a lot in advance
Gemic is offline   Reply With Quote