View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #14
klough7

Unhappy Not an expert, please help?

Hi there,

I am always trying to figure things out on my own and troubleshoot, but I'm no expert, and I am absolutely stuck.

Macbook Air 10.15.6 Catalina
I had Display Link 5.2.4, but when my Mac automatically downloaded Catalina, I experienced the same mirroring/extension problem as y'all. At first I thought it was the Screen Recording Permission or the kext, but both of those were fine.

Then I read on this forum that someone simply reinstalled 5.2.1 and the problem went away. I just tried that, but now I have more problems than I did with 5.2.4. Now my monitors are not receiving any signal at all. Plus, now the DisplayLink kext is NOT loaded.

So I tried to follow the steps to load it, but I do not get the dialogue box saying it has been blocked.

So I follow the next steps saying to go to System Preferences > Privacy > General and there I should find an alert that the Display Link extension has been blocked and I am to click "allow." It is not there. There is no alert saying that the extension has been blocked.

Some of you are mentioning Beta 2 and logs. I am not an expert and I am at my wits' end. Can you please help me get my double screens extended again (not mirroring)?

Please help a teacher not lose her mind? Thank you!
klough7 is offline   Reply With Quote