View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #5
mfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite View Post
Hello,

Yes - I have the same issue.... but also a bit more of the picture..
I wanted to be able to set a custom Resolution on the MB168B+ when either Mirrored or extended onto it so I can effectively control the magnification/relative size, depending on the distance away - at 1920x1080 web pages text etc. are quite small at any distance.

I have an Intel HD 4000 Graphics controller and have found that it doesn't recognise the external DisplayLink monitor at all, although it shows in the Windows Display Panel and can be set to pre-set 4:3 lower resolutions (though NOT 1366x768).

I think the OP's initial issue and this are all part of the same thing. It's not Drivers per se.... full uninstall/reinstall of both the Intel and DisplayLink ones makes no odds. Seems to be the interaction between them.

If anyone is able to shed any light I will be most grateful !

Best regards,

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I'm struggling with the exactly same issue you've described here: 1920x1080 is too small on the Asus MB168+. I also tried a custom resolution as a workaround and believe I hit the same road block with the graphics card/controller.

Did you ever get your Intel HD 4000 Graphics controller to 'see' the Asus MB/External Displaylink monitor?

Regards,

Michael
mfeld is offline   Reply With Quote