View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #5
madalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by idelgado782 View Post
So I just purchased the new 16" MacBook pro and I have the Dell D6000 dock for my WFH setup. I plugged in my Pro, closed the lid and immediately noticed that the screen was flickering making using the dock completely usable. I too am wondering when this will be fixed because I have no need to keep my MacBook open when docked into the desk.

I see the link referenced above recommends we go back to using the legacy app but I do not see instructions on how to use that.

Edit: Update
I was able to download the legacy driver which had the uninstaller in the package. I uninstalled the new app, and installed the legacy app and everything is working again.
The only additional issue I am now encountering is that when I try to open OBS or Final Cut Pro while docked in clamshell mode the application just hangs and I have to force quit. It works not docked at all, and it works while docked with the lid open. Hopefully all of these issues are addressed asap because its a pain in A&* to have to find all of these workarounds.
Thanks for this! For my Nov 2019 Macbook Pro 16 inch, AMD Radeon 5500 - I downloaded this Release: 5.2.4 26 May 2020. Worked perfectly.
madalus is offline   Reply With Quote