View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
ImCoKeMaN

There do seem to be multiple variables. I am able to use this same adapter at work on the same computer without issue. So it appears to be specific to the combination of the displaylink and network. Perhaps ip ranges, or differences in spec between ports on my home router vs work that would trigger this outcome, but remember the home network does work on other adapters outside this displaylink one, and it was working perfectly up until recently with no physical changes to home network, but PC updates, and displaylink drivers were updated.

I'll see if i can get the logs. Do we need to do that whole uninstall reinstall stuff, or just capture logs from when it works, disconnects, reconnects?

Edit:
Sent logs.
It appears it may be related to autonegotiate in some way as it is showing as 100Mbps when my port is 1Gbps and worked that way before, as well as on other adapters/computers on this same wire. At 100Mbps this has stayed connected for over 10 minutes, but it has since failed and I've sent the logs via email. As I was sending it reconnected at 1.0Gbps, but disconnected even more quickly.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 01-24-2018 at 07:37 PM.
ImCoKeMaN is offline   Reply With Quote