View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

Would you have some precisions on the setup you have, or think about?
Resolutions for for both displays you connect on the Thunderbolt and what is on USB (if you have already a USB device, you can give me the name/ref).

What you describe is a similar use case to what millions are using their docking station for: video conferencing.
I looked at the software online. For the DisplayLink workload, I think it will look like playing a video with VLC. Depending on the DisplayLink hardware you are using, and your machine, we will leverage CPU or GPU. Our algorithm is adaptative, so we use what's there to achieve the framerate and latency we wish. If the machine is busy, we relieve pressure.

Does the machine has an Intel integrated GPU or just the big nVidia RTX 2070?
With more displays, your Windows desktop will be bigger, so Windows will give more work to your GPU (in all screens, the GPU still composes the desktop). That's why I am asking about the resolutions involved.
If you give me the reference of the machine, I can have a look at the memory as well. For high resolution, dual-channel RAM is recommended: a lot of data to shuffle quickly!

I see your machine should be able to drive 3 displays (embedded + HDMI + miniDP) out of the box.
That's a very nice machine!

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote