View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
sruthj

Still trying to find a solution to have a much needed extra travel screen with my new RHEL work laptop. I have two Toshiba PA3923U travel monitors, but they don't work anymore.
Part of what keeps me coming back:

* Normal but travel-sized VGA powered LCD monitors (15") small enough to fit in a suitcase, are no longer sold. They are discontinued and out of stock, everywhere.
The only ones still able to be found are LED backlit monitors which are at least 3" thick. These take up too much space vertically.
In every store in the world apparently, the minimum size of today's regular flatscreen LCD monitors is 20" wide(??)

* Large sized suitcases (20"+) to fit the new wider monitors are impossible to find, or at least 2x the cost of a standard (18") suitcase.
Regardless, I don't want to lug around a silly looking huge suitcase just to fit an overwide LCD monitor.

* "Travel monitors" sold as such are 15", but are ALL on the market I can find are sold exclusively as USB powered Display Link and non compatible with RHEL Linux.

Its been a hard road :/
If anyone does find a driver that will help make just one of these Toshiba monitors work I'd greatly appreciate. Even if I can convert the output from the VGA with an adapter somehow. I can extend the desktop to a normal VGA monitor but can't find anything travel sized or portable that isn't DisplayLink. thanks

Last edited by sruthj; 03-29-2013 at 02:20 AM.
sruthj is offline   Reply With Quote