View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 03:47 PM   #5
leonc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020vision View Post
Hi. I had this issue before. I didn't have it this time when I upgraded to Big Sur. I saved these notes if it happened again. Here they are:

DisplayLink Monitor Troubleshooting

Last time I reinstalled the OS I had to reinstall & enable everything in DisplayLink. Through the process of trial & error this step I’m outlining here took me about 3 hours. I’m writing this to save myself time in the future if I reinstall MacOS.

1. Download the latest version:
https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos

A new 1.1 version was released to replace the 5.2.5 version. I tried both versions but only the older 5.2.5 version works for now.

2. Follow these steps:
* System preferences > Privacy & security > Accessibility (check the green tick mark for Display Link Manager)
* System preferences > Privacy & security > Screen Recording (check the green tick mark)
* About this Mac > System Report > Software > Extensions > Displaylink
* Make sure the latest version is installed
* Make sure Notarized & Loaded both say Yes

Sometimes Displaylink won’t show up under extensions, simple open the Displaylink application and all monitors are enabled.
First off, thanks for taking the time to reply and trying to help me out.

I followed these steps and still no luck. I had to manually add DisplayLink to the "accessibility" list...it wasn't listed at all, checked or unchecked, which I found odd. I see in the screen recording section two DL items: "DisplayLink User Agent" and "DisplayLink Manager". I assume one is the newer 1.4 version, and the other is the older 5.2.5 version. Both are enabled, just in case.

Now when I plug in the USB adapter, the Mac thinks there are other screens (windows disappear off the laptop screen), but the monitor stays dark and never shows anything. That is different behavior from before, where the monitor stayed dark and the Mac also didn't think there were any external monitors. Not exactly progress, but at least something different.

Any other suggestions?
leonc is offline   Reply With Quote