View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 03:43 AM   #1
SidGauVic

Default AOC E1659FWU - Driver not working

This monitor I purchased seems to be having a driver problem I cannot resolve.

Problem:
The monitor will not turn on when plugged in. The AOC sign will flash on showing that it is being plugged in; the device model number also shows up under Device Manager, however, it is shown under Other" and not "USB Display Adapters," with an error Code 28. Multiple rounds of installing/reinstalling AOC-supplied and DisplayLink-supplied drivers and software have failed. Every single instance results in the same flash of the logo with then a blank screen and a listing on Device Manager under "Other" the shows Code 28 in the properties dialog.

Attempted Solutions:
Like I mentioned above, I have reinstalled the software several times and using several packages. I haven't tried other cables because the device clearly connects over, it just has a driver issue of some sort.
I have also tried using another computer (same model) and surprisingly it works there. It is the exact same model and configuration laptop, except the laptop works perfectly with the monitor; I doubt there is a hardware defect on the monitor.

I'm half tempted to copy and paste their install files over mine and see what happens, but I though I wold try to exhaust all other troubleshooting options first. I went ahead and used the support file software to create the support RAR and I've attached it here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WOLFIE-THINK_20150316_193740.zip (5.27 MB, 0 views)
SidGauVic is offline   Reply With Quote