View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #28
AlbanRampon

John,

It's not about excuses, read the other threads before make a judgement.

Have you created the support case as advised everywhere (including all my posts) when something is absolutely urgent? If so can you give the ticket number so I can look at it when back in the office?
I understand you don't care, but I am entitled to take a sick leave when unwell, so I did.

I have asked questions to get a reproduction internally. Just repeating it lags has not really helped much. But knowing things like applications running, how the devices are connected would.
There could be different reasons resulting in the same symptom.
I never talked about Intel Thermal Framework as I don't see any relevance here. Are you sure you are reading the correct thread?

If someone told you that 8.0 M2 was solving this, you can ask for a 8.0 M2 release candidate through a support ticket to validate this. As I have been out of the office, I haven't read all tickets and all posts.

Regards,
Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnewmun View Post
Alban - You can make excuses until the cows come home, but Mag is 100% accurate. I have spent far too many hours troubleshooting this problem thinking it was something other than DisplayLink, including having a Dell tech come out and go through my computer. As soon as I disconnect my mouse and monitors from the device that houses your DisplayLink chip, the problem completely goes away. I've done everything your troubleshooting says from disabling the Intel Thermal Framework and everything else you're trying to point a finger at, but in the end it is a DisplayLink problem, and it's as simple as that.

The problem is 100% related to both the new DisplayLink driver and Windows 10 Anniversary, and frankly it's driving me insane. I get a stutter/lag every few minutes for probably about a second, which NEVER happened before Windows 10 AU or before the last DisplayLink driver update. PLEASE get this fixed as soon as possible. It has to be one of the most irritating issues I have ever dealt with, having to constantly deal with a stutter/lag. For heaven's sake, it's not a coincidence that there are 10 people on this thread using different devices with the DisplayLink chip all having the same problem. Stop making excuses and fix the stupid problem.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote