View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
rkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello RKK,

As far as I am aware, Android natively only does one device in clone at a max resolution of 1080p.
There's a presenter mode on some applications like PowerPoint to display something different without user interaction possible on that external display as there's no way with stock Android to handle mouse across displays or select which screen the app should be launched on.
We've done it to show it's possible, creating a specific ROM for that. The OS can be modified to do extended desktop with mouse support.

The Android device needs to support being a USB host (USB On The Go).
DisplayLink DL-1x5, DL-3000, DL-5000 and DL-6900 series all work.

No pixel comes from of any kind of computation.
Computation load and latency depends on content type, bandwidth available both on the computation and communication link.
It doesn't have the latency of casting as it would make it pretty useless for our core use case which is productivity. That's a different use case than screen casting.

I, every now and again, use my personal OnePlus 3T on my dock (with external mouse and keyboard) or on my miniRay pico projector to share presentations/photos
Today, you wouldn't be able to do protected video playback.

Kind regards,
Alban
Oh, that's great news!! Thank you for the information.

BTW. If I'm not wrong, the OnePlus 3T has USB 2.0 (As my devices). Does it supports 1080p@60 FPS or what resolution does works? I've seen in Amazon that the 3500 Chipset supports only 800x600 on USB 2.0. But on another device with a 5500 it was stated that it could go up to 1080p@60 on USB 2.0, while in the comments people were saying that they can go even higher on USB 2.0 and it still works. Any idea how this works? Is it possible to look up the right information somewhere for USB 2.0 and the supported resolution in USB 2.0 mode for each chipset?

Is there any chance the 3500 would be able to support 1080p@60 on Android?
rkk is offline   Reply With Quote