View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
malidlkan

Thanks Alban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
It depends on which sleep mode you want to wake up from.
I do not know the exact sleep mode state number (who except developers know that anyway?).
As 99% of all Windows users we have got the following options:
* standby
* hibernation
* shutdown

Of course it would be nice to wake up from all three states. However most people, like me, just want to wake up from the STANDBY mode, because this is the most used one.

Quote:
At the moment the driver doesn't go into power save. This hasn't been a priority as people who are docked are usually also power connected and if not, Windows will terminate the driver anyway...
What means "doesn't go into power save"? So it should be no problem to wake up Windows 10 from standby mode?

Yes, you are right that most people are usually power connected (I'm too). Nevertheless my notebook goes into standby after some time and I'm for sure not the only one with such a configuration. IMHO power wake-up management is a critical needed feature, because if you use DisplayLink docks you use external input hardware and you want to wakeup your computer from it, instead of opening your notebook display and press a key.

By the way I have configured all input devices (mouse, keyboard, display link dock) to allow to wake up the computer (Driver Properties -> Power Management -> Allow this device to wake up the computer). I've also double-checked the power/energy options. But it doesn't work.
malidlkan is offline   Reply With Quote