View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
ersw

Default Monitors Won't Wake up after sleep with windows 10, remain dark, black.

Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, I've ran into this issue. When my monitors shut off (go dark) from inactivity and I come back to my machine, I come back to unresponsive monitors when my displaylink adapter is used. This happens about ... 50% of the time. They remain dark unable to "wake-up". I know they attempt to "wake" because the power indicator on the monitors change color, but then shut off again because of "no signal detected". Unfortunately, policy forces my monitors to go dark (sleep) after a short time of inactivity, so I am unable to change the power settings to keep my monitors awake all the time. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It appears to be an OS related issue, since when I was on Windows 7, the only time this happened was when I remoted into my machine and then tried logging in normally after. But, I was able to control that by simply remembering when I remoted in and then I knew the next time I used my machine to simply disconnect the displaylink adapter and login. So, for now, I am no longer using my displaylink adapter... Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
ersw is offline   Reply With Quote