View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #1
AlfredoRipsteinJr

Default Help - USB repeatedly disconnects and reconnects USB

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my displaylink product where it repeatedly disconnects and reconnects USB devices. Some notes:
- I have two external displays hooked up through the device, which are functioning well and have not been disconnected at all, however the USB remains a problem.
- The device is connected from the USB 3.0 port on my laptop to the device using the cable that was provided in the box.
- I have two USB devices hooked into the device (keyboard, mouse), through the USB 3.0 ports. I have tried the 2.0 ports as well, but this change has not made a difference.
- Device is shown in the Device Manager as "LAPDOCK" and does not show an error sign or any issue
- I have updated all drivers available on both my laptop and the displaylink device
- I hear the device disconnect and reconnect chime every time this happens; device manager refreshes itself when this happens
- Device is plugged directly into the wall, and laptop is plugged in

Relevant info:

DisplayLink product: Wavlink WL-UG39DK3
Computer: Lenovo X1 Carbon Laptop

I have tried all of the available remedies at this link, and none have had any effect: https://support.displaylink.com/know...rom-repeatedly

Please help me here - this problem is very disruptive to my workflow, and I will be working from home for the foreseeable future.

Thank you
AlfredoRipsteinJr is offline   Reply With Quote