View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 10:55 AM   #1
Mila

Default Farming Simulator (Steam) stutters with Displaylink Only

Dear Community,

I bought a newer tower PC with AMD Ryzen 7 4700, 16Gb RAM and Geforce Gtx1650.
I wanted to play some younger games, especially Farming Simulator 22.

My Problem is i use the tower in parallel with my Laptop and so both displays are connect es via Displaylink Adapter.

Following works well:
With my Laptop i can play with Displaylink adapter. (but bad Low graphic configuration)
With the tower and main monitor connected directly via graphic card it works also well.

But:
If i use both monitors with Displaylink everything struggles (Video at start, Menu, etc.).
If i use on top the streaming option of Steam (to share the game to another PC) it works well also with Displaylink.

As all other Laptops work well i assume Displaylink can not use the nvidia GPU power for the calculation of grafic in the special Case when Main Monitor is not connected to the Gtx1650. If i use Streaming Option it seems that it is similar that connecting a monitor in the graphic card.

I searched in the forum and found a feedback to a similar problem. If Software does not run in Window mode such problem can appear.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem or a workaround? I don't want to start as Stream all the time.

Thanks in advance.
Mila is offline   Reply With Quote