View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
whitemoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi

I've had a look at the log files, and it appears that the chip in the device is not booting up properly. Its coming up as PID 0x8060 in device manager, which shows its booted from its internal ROM, not the external boot device. This means it will not enable any video outputs.

Could you try unplugging all cables from the adapter, then connect USB, then connect the video cable? If it still comes up as 0x8060, then I suspect the device is faulty I'm afraid.

Thanks

Wim
I get the 8060 message sometimes, but when turn off the monitor, disconnect the cord and reconnect all the cables, the monitor works. I get the 8060 message 1 times out of 10, so i didnt think it was a issue.

Would you recommend me contacting the vendor where i got my displaylink graphics module from and ask for a replacement? Will this issue get worse with time?

Hope you guys get your problems sorted. Mine is very buggy. On top of the 8060 error, I have to disconnect one monitors on my video card connect the displaylink adapter, then re-enable the disconnected video card monitor for mine to work correctly. Quite annoying when you just want to turn on the computer and get work done.