View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Pyrliu

Thumbs down 1.7b3 failure with Lion

I have a late 2008 MBP and I just upgraded to Lion. The Lion install informed me that the DisplayLink driver is incompatible and therefore I downloaded and installed the 1.7b3 driver.

After the install and reboot, the login screen was blank. My external monitors where all detached (USB and DisplayPort) and still the only thing that the Lion login screen showed was the gray sketched background. No user icon or password input. The login worked after I typed my password and pressed enter.

After the login several programs failed to display their screen contents. Twitter 2.11 and Thunderbird 5 only showed white and the top bar with close, minimize and enlarge buttons but no content. Only white space.

Also, the finder had difficulties in showing contents like for the DisplayLink driver installation image. Luckily I was able to work around the white space problem and run the uninstall program from the install image. After uninstallation, everything started working just fine.

I tried installing the 1.7b3 driver again, but the results where the same. After uninstalling it for the second time. I am now unable to use my Samsung LD220 monitor. Hopefully this issue can be resolved with the next driver version.