View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
DFB

Exclamation USB 3.0 monitor (AOC e1659Fwu) rapidly connects and disconnects, please help!

I recently purchased an AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor (two actually, because I returned the first for the same problem with the second) and have been unable to connect it to my computer. When I plug the monitor in, “AOC” shows on the second monitor briefly, before disappearing. The screen then remains blank, though it occasionally is a ‘powered’ black, while my laptop repeatedly makes connect and disconnect noises. I have a video of the problem, but this forum won't let me attach it.

I have the most recent driver from DisplayLink’s website, Windows 10 operating system, and am using an HP Spectre x360 with the i7 processor.

I attempted to use a different USB 3.0 cord, have the latest BIOS for my system, and also tried to disable the USB suspend option per the Displaylink troubleshooting website.

For reference I use the older model AOC e1649Fwu on a daily basis without any issues. It plugs in and connects perfectly fine, so I am assuming it is something about the driver’s connectivity with the e1659Fwu.

Please help, I am a law student in the middle of exams and it would be a huge aid to have this monitor functioning soon.

Thank you,
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAWPTOP_20160411_171957.zip (1.38 MB, 1 views)
DFB is offline   Reply With Quote