View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Vance View Post
Installed Plugable UD-3900 and connected Lenovo B590 Notepad yesterday. I have this set up to use external monitor via DVI - single view only. Successful, despite having to update USB 3.0 host controller, but a few questions:

*Is the UD-3900 system hot plugable? Can I go back and forth plugging and plugging the laptop without re-configging my USB connection or my laptop?
Yes you can plug and unplug as may times as you wish

Quote:
*are there any universal or Lenovo-only or Win7-only settings (display, power, etc.) for optimal coupling with UD-3900.
No settings are required

Quote:
*If I image the laptop's HDDs with third party software (Acronis, Easus Todo, etc.) do I image it connected to UD-3900 or should I disconnect first?
You can image through the UD-3900

Quote:
* I am having a problem accessing graphics card (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000; is it an integrated chip?) while connected to Plugable. I can access the card but it wont let me do anything--make changes etc. Admittedly, I have not taken this off of the USB since I installed Plugable to see if I can do this while using laptop screen only. Is this common? Do I need to fix something?
I'm unaware of any issues though I'd recommend disconnecting your UD-3900 before upgrading your Intel graphics driver

Quote:
*Lastly, I keep getting message that the Displaylink Tray Application cannot connect to Windows Update server. I assume I have latest driver because I downloaded it off web yesterday. Is this the reason or do I need to tweak a setting?
This option has been removed in the latest DisplayLink software v7.6 M0

Thanks

BV
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote