View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
Mark Butterfield

Smile Kensington sd3500v dock and Lenovo Y2P Screen Resolution question

I have a Kensington USB 3.0 Docking Station model sd3500v and a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop with 3200 X 1800 screen resolution. When docked I extend the Lenovo screen to My Dell 27 inch LCD monitor Model AOC 2752H which has a resolution of: 1920 X 1080 . My question has to do with screen font and icon sizes after a "hot swap". Situation 1) if I boot the laptop while connected to the dock then everything is fine on both monitors. If I then disconnect from the dock then the display switches to the laptop, as it should, but the font and icons are so tiny that they are unreadable. The only way I have found to fix the problem is to reboot. If I reboot the laptop without being connected to the dock then it comes up with fonts and icons correctly sized. Second scenario is when I have booted the laptop without being connected to the dock and then I later connect to the dock then the fonts and icons on the Dell LCD monitor are so huge that they not only take up too much space on the screen but they look ridiculous. Once again, the only solution I have found is to reboot the laptop. In all of my "googling" and reading support forums I have not seen anyone else complaining about this problem so I am sure that I have mis-configured something or have some setting set wrong. Please tell me how to setup my environment so that I can dock and un-dock and have the correct display resolutions reset automatically without me having to reboot.

Thanks, Mark
Mark Butterfield is offline   Reply With Quote