View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
dgleet

Unhappy D6000 fails to paint multiple displays when using id card

Situation: D6000, 1 Dell 7480, 2 Dell Monitors. When ID card is removed and then reinserted, the non-laptop monitors, one or the other or both, will not resume the display. Instead, they are locked, perhaps in midscreen paint. If a new application is started on the screen, it works, but moving the window leads to a tracing of the window's path one right after the other. If Google Chrome happens to be on the display, Chrome will either only partly repaint, stopping in mid stream, or it will not paint at all, leaving a black screen. However, if I move the mouse over the Chrome window, the screen will paint following the mouse cursor.

This situation occurs whether I use one or two monitors, or leave the laptop closed or open.

I have this all documented if necessary to post, but I'd have to go in and remove some identifying information, so I'd rather not post the entire report.

update: reading various web page contributions, I see that the D6000 has its own graphics processor. So doesn't that mean that Hardware graphics acceleration needs to be disabled? I found that if I disable Google Chrome's own setting for hardware acceleration, the problem with Google Chrome goes away. As soon as I restart Chrome!

HELP!

Last edited by dgleet; 11-02-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: update
dgleet is offline   Reply With Quote