View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
pmhart83

Default DVI Monitor Black with Displaylink with Graphics Drivers in Win10

I have a KVM switch which takes in my monitor using DVI. In addition I have a Toshiba Dynadock that uses display link connected to the KVM so when I switch computers, each computer can utilize the direct DVI monitor as well as the Dynadock displays.

One of my computers is a Mac and it has no issues using both the DVI monitor and the USB monitors.

However, my Windows desktop just shows a black screen for my direct DVI monitor. The screen shows the bios / boot stuff but then turns black when Windows boots.

The Windows computer works with the direct DVI monitor until I install the Nvidia graphics drivers. Having the actual graphics drivers installed seems to cause the issue. My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI.

I like to have at least one direct DVI output because of the lag / artifices with USB display.

Since I can see the display until I install the graphics drivers it is clearly a software based issue. Also when the monitor is black, it still appears in the display settings so Windows is recognizing it as a device.

I can also boot to safemode in Windows 10 and see the DVI display.

Is there any way I can get the display link to play nice with my DVI monitor and it's proper graphics drivers?

Last edited by pmhart83; 10-27-2017 at 08:06 PM.
pmhart83 is offline   Reply With Quote