View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
badbob001

I have the Kensington SD400v (part K33926, model M01065) and it seems to only work with the built-in 5.0 drivers. If I install the official DisplayLink drivers or even the official Kensington 6.x or 7.x drivers, I lose my display. I've tried this on two XP SP3 computers with the same results. I need newer drivers because the 5.0 drivers don't work well with standby.

When it is working on the 5.0 drivers, I see these two Display Adapters in Device Manager:
  • DisplayLink Graphics Adapter
  • DisplayLink Mirror Adapter
If I install either the newer DisplayLink or Kensington drivers, the Mirror Adapter remains, but the DisplayLink Graphics Adapter disappears and I lose my display. To get back to the working 5.0 drivers, I have to uninstall the DisplayLink software from Control Panel, reboot, and let the built-in 5.0 drivers install.

The DisplayLink knowledgebase has an article on how to install the latest drivers for the SD400v:
  1. Disconnect Dock
  2. Install latest Kensington drivers
  3. Install newer DisplayLink drivers
  4. Connect Dock
This doesn't work for me because:
  • Available 6.x and 7.x Kensington drivers do not work (DisplayLink Graphics Adapter is not installed)
  • Installing the DisplayLink drivers by itself or after the Kensington drivers still do not restore the DisplayLink Graphics Adapter.
Any ideas?