View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 12:50 PM   #40
zachburdick

Ok, so this has really become and issue and a personal mission to find either a solution or at the very least something that's a contributor.

After doing some additional searches I came across some other folks that were having issues with hardware acceleration in Chrome. The more tabs they had open the quicker the issue would manifest itself. So I decided to see if that could be replicated and for the most part yes, having a couple Chrome tabs open certainly caused the issue to happen less often, but even with all Chrome processes stopped the performance was still high on this process.

The next thing I noticed was that my Intel Iris Graphics would top out at 100% and then my displays would crash. This lead me to another thread where a Displaylink Vendor posted April 2021 that Version 30.X of the Intel Iris Drivers were having issues with their hardware and they recommended rolling back that driver.

I did that this morning and so far I have been 45+ minutes without issue. I'll continue to monitor and see if it returns but hopefully this will help other folks.
zachburdick is offline   Reply With Quote