View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #114
ms30594

Default DisplayLink Forum, you're my only hope...

Like most of the other users on this thread, I have tried just about everything and I am about to give up, get rid of my 2017 13" MacBook Pro and say f*ck it all, but I want to give it one last shot. Here's what I am working with:

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. Here are the stats:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,2
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: 203.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.44f2
Serial Number (system): C02V911WHV2M
Hardware UUID: FA084142-8932-5A1B-A71D-473987213A5F
I was running the MacBook on a separate stand with the screen closed connected to two LG 4K Ultra monitors connected via USB-C - HDMI inputs on the monitors. Running both Mojave or High Sierra, no problems at all. Both monitors ran at high resolution, docking/undocking no problems at all. As soon as I updated to Catalina, the wheels fell off - I could only get one monitor at a time to work and it defaulted to the MacBook display resolution. I tried connecting both USB-C cables, one at a time, switching them out - same thing - only one display will work, never both. I have been uninstalling, and installing the DisplayLink USB graphics software since it October and installed the latest update with the same result.
DisplayLinkDriver:

Version: 5.2 (59)
Last Modified: 12/20/19, 6:09 AM
Bundle ID: com.displaylink.DisplayLinkDriver
Notarized: Yes
Loaded: Yes
Get Info String: DisplayLink Driver 5.2.59 - Copyright © 2003 - 2019 DisplayLink (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved.
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 5.2 (59)
Load Address: 18446743521870287000
Loadable: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Developer ID Application: DisplayLink Corp (73YQY62QM3), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
I also followed the instructions for activating Screen Recording. It's odd, but I have no options under Screen Recording in System Preferences:

I have also tried using USB-C - HDMI and USB-C - DisplayPort cables with the same result. I also followed Apple's SMC reset instructions without success.

I used to work as a software engineer and think my QA skills are pretty solid but this one has really got me. Would love to hear any suggestions on why this is not working and what changed since Mojave and High Sierra