View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Carousel

Default The return of three screens

The Win 8.1 upgrade was a nightmare. Not much sleep last night. But finally all seems to be working.

I upgraded my laptop to Win 8.1 without upgrading DisplayLink. I then experienced the black extra desktop screens in 8.1. Using the cleaning program and loading v.7.4 thereafter did not make it better. Given a spouse using the desk and multiple screens for business on Monday, I then rolled back to Win 8.0 hoping to use the v7.1 software. But this kept trying to update to v7.4 and my various attempts to lock out the auto update process only resulted in no extra desktop screens and a strobe-flashing nightmare on the laptop screen.

I then moved back forward to Win 8.1 after making sure that v7.4 was loaded and all settled down. We now have three screens again.

Note: We do not use our hub to make an ethernet link; we use the laptop's wifi. But this got messed up with regard to share drive mapping as, in the changeover, the internet security software decided that the home-office wifi was a public network. This cost hours to fix too, as I did not expect the obvious. Needed to go into the firewall settings of the security programme to fix this, making the wifi network trusted again.