View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 05:23 PM   #9
HectorLarks1

I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.6. Apple introduces a new kext block list. Apple blocked 5.2.1 from running on Catalina 10.15.6 now.

I'm NOT going to 5.2.4. It is not stable at all. I use this product and I also have several clients that are DOWN because of this fiasco.

My workaround: Booted into Recovery mode. Ran csrutil disable in Terminal. Booted back to normal.

Everything after this do with sudo: Backed up these files (don't ever continue unless you have a fallback position):

sudo cp -v /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist.old

sudo cp -v /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist.old

Used a file editor to search and removed all keys and strings to "DisplayLink" in both files mentioned above.

Booted into Recovery mode. Ran csrutil enable in Terminal. Booted back to normal.

I have 5.2.1 running on Catalina 10.15.6. I'm sure I'll be dealing with this issue again when the next update happens but this time I can plan ahead and script around this.

Really getting fed up with this DisplayLink and Apple. I have $200+ wavlink units across 40 stations (office and home office) and can't have 5.2.4 instabilities.
HectorLarks1 is offline   Reply With Quote