View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #19
PJBrs

I think I've stumbled on this issue as well. I have two jobs, and both employers have decided on widespread use of Dell Universal Dock D6000. Up until now, I have been able to get two monitors working, while three other monitors don't seem to do anything (I tried five different docks, with various different monitors, didn't keep track, although the successful ones were a bit older in appearance)

The following happens when I plug in the dock.
* The DisplayLink device always gets registered with usb:
Code:
lsusb -d 17e9:
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 17e9:6006 DisplayLink
* The evdi kernel module gets loaded
* The DisplayLinkManager service is executed

(By the way, I'm on Slackware64-14.2, with evdi / libevdi 1.5.0 built from source and DisplayLinkManager version 4.1.9.)

In the successful cases, I then have an extra provider if I execute xrandr, which I can activate with xrandr --setprovideroutputsource 1 0. When unsuccessful, nothing else happens. I can replug the device to no avail, I can change between hdmi and display port connections without effect, I can even reboot, but the monitor just sits there doing nothing. I don't get any additional evdi kernel messages either, apart from the regular
Code:
evdi: [I] Initialising logging on level 5
I think that this is a bug with DisplayLinkManager. I would very much appreciate a solution or a workaround. I was looking forward to using these docks...

Last edited by PJBrs; 01-11-2018 at 01:23 PM.
PJBrs is offline   Reply With Quote