View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #35
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello CML,

Windows 10 v1607 is a new operating system. It looks like v1511, it is also called 10 but it is a different OS, with a different graphics subsystem. Whether your GPU vendor and the driver you have supports it or not is not appropriate for me to comment on. Microsoft indicated that is the root cause for your issue. My contacts are the people who designed the API and be certain they also want it to work properly!

DisplayLink driver does not interpret OpenGL and never has done so. There is no way to tell DisplayLink driver to interpret OpenGL and select what to do with it because DisplayLink is not a GPU. Here, DisplayLink drivers will get computed pixels = the driver has NO visibility/access to the OpenGL API calls or applications running. That's up to the kernel mode driver.
DisplayLink is not able to solve these third party shortcomings. We do not have control over that code base and the information I have is from third parties.

You may also wish to switch to the Windows 10 LTSB if you believe your GPU vendor will never address the Windows 10 Anniversary Update operating system requirements and if you don't wish to receive the Windows Updates for Windows 10 v1607 yet. If you want to install 7.9 M7 on it and take the responsibility of the consequences of that attempt, then you are free to do so.
DisplayLink driver 7.9 is incompatible with WDDM 2.1 primary graphics card drivers and not supported on Windows 10 v1607. If you then start using a WDDM 2.1 primary graphics card driver, you *will* have issues, upto not being able to use the computer. That is why DisplayLink driver 8.0+ is the minimum version supported on Windows 10 v1607.

I am as frustrated and almost as powerless as you are.
Please do ask your GPU vendor to provide graphics drivers for Windows 10 v1607 so we can get this progressed.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote