View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #34
cml

Hi Alban,
I find this quite confusing and frustating: I already invested hours and hours after being upgraded to MS Windows Pro 1607 ("Anniversary Update") only to found out, that OpenGL 2.0 and above is not working any longer with DisplayLink.
It is not completely clear why.
From Intel-side there will be probably no support for WDDM 2.0 for my 3 year-old embedded graphic-card. But - as you said - it's not even clear, if that's the crucial point.
I don't need OpenGL 2.0 for gaming, it is my environment for professional software-development.
MS on the other hand is not willing to support OpenGL much for strategic reasons, as they want to make their own DirectX the dominant graphics language.
I just don't have the time to make another attempt of upgrading to win 1607 with incalculable outcome.
Now I have to find a way to prevent any automatic upgrade because this would destroy my working environment. Absurd. That said, I promised myself, that I'll never ever again will use Windows again as my basic OS on any new machine I'll get.
I would like to know, what's the crucial point here and if there is any workaround possible to continue working with my configuration - with which I was pretty satisfied until this mess.
How can I direct DisplayLink to let my graphics card doing the rendering unter win 1607 as it does now unter win 1511?

kind regards
cml

Last edited by cml; 12-06-2016 at 06:56 PM.
cml is offline   Reply With Quote