View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
Scandinavica

Default Problems with win10 1803 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordiccamel View Post
I have 4 different models of computers that have be updated to Windows 1803. All of them are experiencing the same issues with our DisplayLink USB display adapters.

Surface 4 Pro
Surface 3 Pro
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2
HP Probook 650 G1

As soon as they finished the 1803 upgrade and rebooted they BSOD'd. The message is PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error. If you unplug the Display Link adapter, the computer boots fine.

The issue can be replicated on all 4 machines.
If you plug in the USB display adapter directly or via a powered USB hub, the computer BSODs again. The Computer will get in a loop of BSOD and reboot until you unplug the Display Adapter. Once unplugged the computer boots and works just fine. If you plug it in again it will BSOD in a few seconds before any of the external screens light up.

No other external items are plugged in to the computers. all available updates have been applied to all machines.

I have tried upgrading the DisplayLink software, currently using v8.5.3365.0. I have ran the DisplayLink install cleaner and then reinstalled the DisplayLink software. Running DisplayLink Windows Support Tool 1.0.0.28 shows no errors.

I have the exact same problem on a DELL Lat e7250
Scandinavica is offline   Reply With Quote