View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
sykeel

Default Answers

Hmmm. Not sure I can reply to all of your questions. I bought the unbranded card on eBay and was supplied with an NEC driver but the card worked straight out of the box with Windows 7 and Windows 8. It shows up in device manager as a VIA USB 3.0 hub and, although I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, a VIA eXtensible driver.
It is a three-port card and I have two external mobile drives (ie drawing power from the card) and the DisplayLink adapter connected to it. The drives work perfectly normally in both Windows 7 and 8. The DisplayLink adapter also works fine in Windows 7 but not Windows 8. I tried installing the card's NEC driver in W8 but it made no difference. As I previously said, not only does the Adapter not work in W8 but also when I install any version of your driver, the whole card stops working and I have to uninstall the DisplayLink driver to get the card to work again. In other words, to answer your first question - yes, the card seems to work fine in Windows 8 without your driver installed.