View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
thirsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Hi Thirsh,

The logs indicate that there is a usb issue preventing the software from detecting the usb display. Please try changing the cable, or the port on the host.

Regards,
Martin
It seems that Duncan is on to something. If I remove the power supply and then plug it back in, the device seems to register itself as a drive and launches the installer. This was an older version of the driver - it eventually resulted in a message that it is not compatible with my version of windows (7). But, then the DisplayLink Device system tray utility was there and I was actually getting video!

Furthor tested revealed that I can simply cancel the installer and the DisplayLink utility still shows up and works. I can also remove and reconnect the usb cable going to the dock and everything still works.

The only issue is on a reboot - the utility does not run and I get no video unless I disconnect and reconnect the power to the dock.

Martin, you had mentioned changing the port on the host. Do you mean the physical USB port on the netbook that I am plugging the cable in?