View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 03:36 PM   #50
jdunk54nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
This is an interesting issue. Point is, with High Sierra Apple has introduced support for eGPUs. This means that applications will have to handle multiple concurrent GPUs very soon.
I'd expect professional grade apps to do that sometime next year: even Adobe has now quicker release cycles.

Apple has actually stated that full eGPU support should arrive this coming Spring. In DisplayLink we're looking forwards to this as there are some quirks at the moment while mixing GPUs (or not mixing them as in the case of the mirror issue).
For this reason GPU switching is not a feature of our drivers at the moment. We'll continue looking at it as the operating system evolves and the early multiple GPU issues are hopefully resolved.

Kind regards,
Carlo
I couldn't get it to work by making the external the main display. Same issue, adobe premiere will try to open and then crash. Unplug the displaylink and it works great. Plug in a different identical mac only sierra and works great.

Is there a way you can tie the displalink to the radeon card (or the higher graphics card) so that when it is plugged in it will only use that card instead of the intel integrated card? I am assuming most people that plug into a displaylink do not care about power consumption at that point as they are plugged into power too.

Do you have a timeline of when this will be sorted out? If it isn't soon I think I am going to revert back to sierra.
jdunk54nl is offline   Reply With Quote