View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
schluntz

I am unsure of other Android implementations, but my Pixel C running 7 supports external keyboard and mouse. I've done a keyboard with a NVidia Shield Tablet running 6, but haven't needed to try a mouse (easily enough done if needed).

Right now the Pixel C is connected to a Targus DOCK120 with a USB keyboard and an Apple Magic Mouse (not so magic when connected to Android ) and it is working just fine with my Dell monitor. I think I need to evaluate other docks though as it's scaling my display to 1080 even in DVI and I'd prefer to see native resolution.

I know it's missing the built-in ability to launch to another display, but that is functionality shown a year ago in demo. What was it about the demo situation that allowed your software to launch to a secondary/ternary display that can't be put into your software?

Thanks

-Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello Sean,

The extended desktop requires Android OS changes to handle mouse and launching applications to different displays.
These changes are available to phone manufacturers who would like to make their device a productivity one. As some products start to appear in the market, then we can hope the interest will increase... We've just been ready early.

Kind regards,
Alban
schluntz is offline   Reply With Quote