View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
beezkneez_406

Default XServer Patch not working

Hi,

I am new to Ubuntu. I have a DL3100 Dell docking station that I have used with windows 10 for a long time and no issues. I am running 20.04.1 LTS Ubuntu and cannot get the docking station to function well enough to use. I have tried everything this forum has to offer (that I am aware of). It seems most peoples problems dealt with the laptop screen being disabled but I have mine enabled and still have a terrible lag on my two external monitors. My laptop display operates perfectly fine.

Currently, I have the latest driver installed and my two external monitors are exteremly laggy. My laptop screen is enabled and it does not seem to have any issues whatsoever. I tried the XServer patch and it did not change anything. I have tried different drivers for my GPU (open source/proprietary) and that did not change a thing.

I do not know where else to look/ask the question. Currently my two external monitors are completely useless while running Ubuntu. I know it is not hardware related because I swap over to windows 10 and it works flawlessly. Being that I have not found any alternative to DisplayLink for a USB docking station I am stuck.

When will there be a fix for these problems? Or does anyone know of anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Thanks.
beezkneez_406 is offline   Reply With Quote