View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Cros,

I think what might happen is an update kicks in sometime after the first connect. But if there's nothing in Device Manager (even in error or unrecognised), that's very low level so before the driver is loaded: Windows needs to identify a device before deciding which driver to use.

Would you please be able to connect everything as it should be working (but isn't), and the collect logs (see last link of my forum signature on how to create the ZIP with our tool). Then please upload them here as only DisplayLink employees can download them.
It would be helpful if you could also tell me how you get it working in the first place: is that just plugging the device (and therefore getting the driver from Windows Update), or do you install a driver through our SETUP.EXE or a corporate package (MSI/INF)? If a manual install, which driver version do you run?

The logs will give me the current "non-working" status along with the last events around DisplayLink driver but also Windows Update (setupapi.*.log).
Logs will also tell me which Windows 10 version/codename you are using. This has an impact on which driver is deployed from our installer and also useful for known OS bugs, and which USB driver is used (DisplayLink or Microsoft)

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote