View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
Sonorazona

Sorry - Didn't realize I wasn't on the device's home page any more as you came up under a query for the users manual.
I'm trying to connect my laptop (Dell XPS 2 in 1) to a smart TV via an HDMI cable. I only have USB ports on the laptop, so I'm trying to configure a Cable Matters USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter Model 103046 compatible with Windows 10, my OS. Software is DisplayLink v. 7.9.
The included set up instructions refer you to the DisplayLink utility located on the Taskbar notification area in Windows, but it isn't there. I can't change the resolution on my computer because it is grayed out. I don't understand how to do any of the directions - perhaps if I had the icon to open it would make more sense? I've checked that the program is installed, and that it is running, but I also noted that it installed under "other devices" rather than as a display something.
My computer is totally up to date, Windows 10. I'll see what I can do with the link you provided -- thought I'd add a little clarity to my question in the meantime.
Thank you, by the way, for your kind reply to my 'off the wall' (as I now realize they were) questions.
Sonorazona is offline   Reply With Quote