View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #18
stuguy909

Default second part

I will keep working on getting the service to boot on run level 5. Shouldn't take long. As for part two, I need to make sure that my computer is watching xrandr for additional providers. I think I will create a secondary daemon off a function in the /etc/init.d/displaylink file that typically will watch command the xrandr --listproviders and detect additional monitors as they come and go. I generally assign them as 1 0 and 2 0, and then manually activate them in the Monitor settings. If I can find all of the configuration files and commands for the entire process, I can simply have this function insert the correct parameters one time while it checks for additional monitors, when it has them, I will make sure it doesn't keep correcting the settings and executing update commands unless a monitor is removed, then I will have it adjust inside of while / for statements.

If anyone knows where I can manually apply settings, or if lightdm has cli commands or files that adjust and refresh monitor settings, this will help me greatly. I'm not too shabby with shell scripting.
stuguy909 is offline   Reply With Quote