View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 09:07 PM   #2
C.Rogers

Default Yes, the 20.04 driver is compatible with 22.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotenko View Post
As we all know, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is coming next month. Will the DisplayLink driver be compatible with it? Any chance we'll have native support?
Thanks
I'm happy to say that having installed the 22.04 beta, done all the updates/upgrades, and followed these instructions VERY CAREFULLY, the 20.04 drivers are working well in Wayland on the brand new 22.04beta.
I was about to purchase a non-display link portable monitor, but thought I'd give this a try, as it was NOT working on my 20.04 Ubuntu setup. With this, I can finally dust off the secondary USB monitor, and take it with me. I'm super happy, and it saved me £300 buying a new one.

Note that in my case, I did need to enter the password for secure boot on reboot. Make sure you understand that process clearly before installing, and ALWAYS back up your important files BEFORE installing anything that messes with the display system. You may ALSO want to install and run Timeshift to do a backup of your system state before installing so you can restore your system to an earlier snapshot if something goes wrong.

I'm not an expert at all, so I can't help much if it doesn't work on your hardware. Works for me though! Thanks to DisplayLink and all developers involved in making it work for 22.04!
C.Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote