View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #13
Ryan0751

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthlover View Post
You do not mention your Display link device or Mac model and how many displays you have, In my case I have an M1 Air and 15 inch Retina (two 32 inch displays [1 4K LG like yours and one 1440]). I do have both a thunderbolt dock as well Display link basked Targus 180. Generally Thunderbolt docs are better generally for Intel MACS as no driver is required at all and of course thunderbolt runs at 40Gbs second versus 5GB for most USB-C/displaylink based devices. Plenty for most uses, but not all.

None the less with my Targus 180 having so many ports including power delivery for either computers even my M1 has a port free. So I run my 4K display direct via a USB-C display port adapter (you can do the same with a USB-C to HDMI as well).

This increases the reliability of clam shell mode, solves the 1440 on 4K display issue and more.

In my case I ended up using the Targus for both computers even though the 15 inch Retina spends 85 percent of the time at the Dock. It much less recabling that way,
I have the MBP M1 and dual LG 32UL950W displays, and am using the StarTech USB 3.0 to Dual DisplayPort adapter.
Ryan0751 is offline   Reply With Quote