View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #27
uboel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Please run through this troubleshooting guide:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

It would also be useful to know what applications are running when the blank screen appears.

Thanks,
James
Hi James,

Before posting on the forum, I had already made a tour of all the corresponding posts and this one was my first reading.

Concerning the applications, my boss mainly uses:
- Outlook 2010,
- Excel 2010,
- Word 2010,
- IE 10
- Firefox (latest version)

The machine has a fresh Windows 8 64bits installation. The dock was connected at the end of computer installation process, with the latest Kensington drivers package available on their web site at that time installed [ Kensington sd3000v/sd3500v USB 3.0 docking stations (K33970/K33971/K33972/K33973) and K33928 Video Adapter Software Driver Version 7.0.43577.0 ].
After reading some of the forum posts I uninstalled this package and installed the 7.2M1 package available from here. I also changed the Windows Power Options settings to High performances.

This seemed to correct the dock "complete failures" preventing to use the Ethernet connection and the USB ports...but the "black screens" issue remained.
The only workaround we found so far was to plug the second screen directly through the HDMI port onto the computer, leaving the dock as Ethernet connection (as the XPS 13 doesn't have a native Ethernet plug) and USB switch.

My boss is not at the office this week but when he gets back I will install the debug tools and ask him to run those when a problem occurs. I'll send you the logs as soon as I get them.

Kind regards,

Ulric
uboel is offline   Reply With Quote