View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 11:49 PM   #4
starhawk

Y'know, this is one of the top reasons that, as a customer of a given company, I absolutely *hate* hearing "Just use our free support forums!".

The forums are almost universally a ghost town. Almost guaranteed, nobody from the company proper was ever there to begin with, and the entire userbase very quickly gives up and goes home as a result, because without any actual access to someone with corporate intranet privileges, the 'support' offered by such a forum is roughly equivalent to AudioVox's rather legendary record on the matter.

I posted this thread yesterday afternoon. There's two other threads that have popped up since. None of us have gotten any replies. None of us have gotten any help.

Effective immediately, pending a successful resolution to this issue, or at least a reasonable good-faith effort that directly involves someone working for DisplayLink as a corporate employee in a technical or other customer support role making at least a notable contribution to the described resolution and/or effort, I have purchased the last device I will ever buy knowing it has DisplayLink intellectual property (IP), or *likely* has DisplayLink IP, within it. I will also actively discourage friends and family from purchasing the same, when and where I can, and do my best to explain the issue and advise them on potential alternatives.

I don't care if you notice as a corporation. I'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for *me*. If this is what having your products does to my life, I am looking forward to avoiding them. Of course, if there are enough of us who get to feeling that way...
starhawk is offline   Reply With Quote