View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 03:41 PM   #63
msing539

• DisplayLink 10.0 M0 | 23 Sep 2020 (Issue also present in 9.4 M0 and 9.3 M2)
  • Windows 10 Pro x64 1909
  • Gigabyte Aero 15 X9 i9 8950HK 32GB
  • Plugable UD-6950H USB 3.0 Dual 4K Dock
  • Connected to the dock are (2) MSI MAG341CQ monitors at 1440 60Hz and Ethernet (Nothing else)
  • Connected via USB C 5 Gbps but happens even when connected to 3.1 Gen 2 Type A on either side of the laptop
  • Removed/reinstalled Host Controller, all USBs, DisplayLink Cleaner, etc.
  • Changed all HID/USBs to not power save, disabled Selective Suspend, turned USB 3 Link Power Management Off

Like many people, my dock also disconnects with an offline due to a user-mode driver crash in Event Viewer. When this happens, all external monitors black out and it attempts to reconnect 5 times before failing. Happens when screen sharing on Zoom, Skype, MS Teams--all of them. Also happens when multiple videos are playing at once on both external screens simultaneously.

I've noticed this also happens when the power draw on the dock is higher than supported--like if I attempt to charge a device through it (which is not supported by the dock). But if I plug a battery bank to charge, my SpeedTest will drop from 475 Mbps to 150 Mbps before the monitors black out and the driver crashes.

Could there be an issue with the DisplayLink driver unable to handle too much data/bandwidth at once?