View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #86
jpap

That is actually great news, Carlo!

How about an interim workaround whereby only the highest resolution supported by the connected DisplayLink monitor is returned? That way we share the iPad-as-a-monitor single-resolution configuration and the "list length greater than one" OS X bug is not triggered?

A more elaborate workaround could be a config file where the user could select an alternate resolution. e.g. A list of resolutions is populated by the driver in a config file where the default selection is the highest resolution; the user could edit the file under sudo and select a different resolution, then reboot to enact. (I'd imagine that most users, myself included, do not change resolutions very often, if ever, after installation.)

Really missing my 90deg DisplayLink connected monitor! :-)

jpap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Time for an update.

We found that every third party Lion driver we could find has problems with rotation. Luckily for iPad-as-a-monitor users if the resolution list is just one long, when you rotate the the resolution list just disappears instead of crashing.

So at the moment could not find a good way to restore the rotation functionality. We're still trying a few ideas but nothing that we have access to in the OS has changed so have very few leads.
We're in contact with Apple and can only hope them to tell us this is a bug we can fix on our side.

Last edited by jpap; 02-16-2012 at 11:39 PM.
jpap is offline   Reply With Quote