View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #16
eastevenson

I'm having this same issue with a new Acer XF270H monitor I bought. I've been running a Dell and AOC monitor with my D3100 DisplayLink device and Latitude 7290 with Windows 10 Enterprise for a year+ without any issues. I added a new Acer monitor, and almost immediately this problem starts.

The Acer monitor keeps freezing up and throwing the 10111 (when it's attempting to restart) and 10112 (when it gives up on restarting) errors, and both external monitors are disabled, leaving only the built-in laptop display functioning. USB devices on my D3100 that don't go through the DisplayLink chip (mouse, keyboard) continue to function after a brief hiccup during the disconnecting of the monitors.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB 3.0 uplink cable restarts successfully, and then anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour later it happens again.

Software-wise, I've uninstalled and then did a clean install/update of:
- USB Root Hub driver
- USB 3.0 Host Controller driver
- DisplayLink core software
- DisplayLink driver
- Acer monitor driver
- Intel graphics driver
- Ran Windows update to ensure nothing else outdated

Hardware-wise, I've tried:
- Running just the Acer and Dell monitors without the AOC monitor (this was one of the first things I tried and everything since then has been tested with just those 2 external monitors to simplify things)
- Connecting the Acer to my D3100 with HDMI-to-HDMI
- Connecting the Acer with DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort
- Swapping out the USB uplink cable between the D3100 and my laptop for a different one
- Trying both USB 3.0 ports on my laptop
- Running Acer and Dell monitors with and without the lid closed on the laptop

Settings-wise, I disabled USB Selective Suspend when plugged in (as recommended by DisplayLink troubleshooting guide), and just blindly stabbing in the dark I also tried setting the refresh rate of the Acer down to 60Hz instead of the 120Hz it defaults to, and tried turning off FreeSync on the Acer monitor.

The only thing I haven't done of the recommendations I've found is tried to update the BIOS because this is a work computer and they don't give us the BIOS passwords for our machines as a matter of policy, but it's not all that old - Dell 1.6 from August 2018. Our IT department doesn't support personal devices and peripherals so can't help me with this issue. I'm about to just return the monitor if I can't figure this out in the next day or two, but I'd rather avoid the hassle and get this one working if possible.

Attaching the output from the Support Tool here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20191212_153904.zip (8.87 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by eastevenson; 12-12-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo and clarifying order of hardware fixes attempted