View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpk82 View Post
After upgrading macOS to Big Sur I noticed my monitor using the Displaylink adapter was no longer detected. I then proceed to upgrade the driver to Release: 1.1.
After installing the upgraded driver and a reboot the monitor still did not get detected. Then I went under applications in finder and opened the Display Link Application and then it works. But if I restart my Mac Mini I have to go through the application process again and reopen it and reconfigure the monitor settings. Also, I noticed when it is working the monitor using the Displaylink does not have an option to enable night shift. What gives? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
In regard to having the DisplayLink application start automatically when the system boots, there is an option to launch the application automatically after logging in. See the 'Install' section (specifically 4.5) of DisplayLink's instructions --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...ion-in#install

To the best of my knowledge, macOS 'Night Shift' is not supported on a DisplayLink-attached display.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote