View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:18 PM   #14
k001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunsz View Post
A new info,
I have noticed that the disconnects happens much less frequently when charging an empty battery (on USB-C) or discharing the laptop (USB3 without adapter).
I tried it, haven't noticed any differences. Ended up sending the D6000 back, and will make sure to never buy anything with DisplayLink logo again. What I regret is the time I spent trying to make this non-working thing actually work. I mean, in theory (let's compress video and send it over USB for the dock to decompress and show) it sounds OK, in practice, it does not work, and even when it is (maybe in Windows?), it uses lots of CPU, which is not OK.

My research shows that the Thunderbolt (aka USB-C) port in Dell XPS 13 9360 has two displayport outputs wired (using USB-C alternate mode), and with a proper dock/adapter you'll have two working display outputs. So, I have now ordered Dell TB16 dock; Linux reviews are pretty positive (there was a bug making its Ethernet working at full speed, 1 gbps, but it seems it is fixed in latest kernels).
k001 is offline   Reply With Quote