View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
mggoodier

Default Dell D3100 dock + 9020M PC - blank/black dock monitor

We would like to adopt the Dell D3100 DisplayLink docking station as a corporate standard device...but it has failed to work on the first test of making it drive a single external monitor!

How often does the issue occur?
All the time. It has never worked since I first installed the software on the PC and plugged in the USB3 dock.

How do you invoke the issue?
Plug in USB3 dock. Use Dell DisplayLink Manager to select "Extend to Left". Monitor connected to DisplayPort on dock then comes out of standby and 'displays' DisplayPort connection...which is always blank/black.

How do you recover from the issue?
N/A - I can't recover because it has never worked

Was the issue present in older versions of DisplayLink software?
I initially tried using used the version of DisplayLink software packaged for download on the Dell website for the D3100.
After that failed to work, and as the dell manual points you to the DisplayLink main website for help, I downloaded and installed the latest version from DisplayLink website. Still not working.

I then followed through the troubleshooting guide pinned to the top of this forum. There are no newer Dell Intel graphics drivers (and Intel generic ones refuse to install) but I did install latest generic USB chipset drivers from Intel website. Still not working.

Then I ran the data gathering tool in 'full mode' before posting here.

How are you connected to the DisplayLink device? Directly or through a USB hub?
The Dell D3100 DisplayLink device is connected using its supplied USB3 A<->B cable to the USB3 port on the 9020M PC. The 9020M PC has 2 front USB ports and 4 rear, and I can't make it work with any of them. Note that as far as I am aware (and as is labelled on the PC) ALL 6 ports are USB3 ports. The only device connected to the D3100 is a single Dell U2412 via DisplayPort. (this monitor and DisplayPort cable have been proven working by swapping with the direct connection as the main monitor on the PC's in-built DisplayPort).

Please find attached the zip file output of the analysis tool.

Thank you in anticipation of further help and advice to find a resolution,
Malcolm
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLON8T91842_20150921_085603.zip (2.57 MB, 1 views)
mggoodier is offline   Reply With Quote