View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
SkyBeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,
Would you please roll back your Nvidia driver to use a version from 2016 instead of this version from 2017?
I believe there is an altitude problem here. If your BDoDs stop with the 2016 edition of the NVidia drivers, that's an issue we are developing a solution for currently.
I confirm the same issue here on a Lenovo W530 laptop running nVidia GeForce drivers version 378.49. Bluescreen in dlkmd.sys.

This is not the first time DisplayLink does not play well with nVidia drivers. Recently the same issue happened on drivers > version 362 (see here).

Somehow this makes me believe that either nVidia does not care about DisplayLink compatibility or DisplayLink is not based on some official Interfaces and uses unofficial hooking which are subject to change. Perhaps DisplayLink should get in contact with nVidia to provide some stable API which ensures new drivers not to break our installations on every upgrade. At least a bluescreen should be avoided. Even if DisplayLink functionality cannot be assured the system should not crash at startup. I guess the average user would simply not know how to recover their system using safe mode and removing drivers manually from the registry (that's how I recovered now).

And yes, there are good reasons to use the latest graphics driver. On machines where games are run it's a must and on office machines latest drivers ensure best stability and performance.
SkyBeam is offline   Reply With Quote